- 3 1/2 pounds beef short ribs
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 sprigs oregano
- 1 1/2 cups La Favorita Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 4 1/4 cups beef stock
- Heat a large, heavy dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the ribs with sea salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until well browned. Remove and set aside.
- Wipe the dutch oven with absorbent paper, add the onion and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Return the ribs to the dutch oven along with the oregano, vinegar, tomatoes, and stock; season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until the beef is very tender. remove the ribs from the dutch oven and keep warm.
- Strain the pan juices and skim the fat from the surface. Pour into a saucepan and simmer over high heat for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Divide the ribs among plates and spoon the sauce over. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious