- 1/4 c olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 jars Frantoi Cutrera Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- flour, for dusting
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced thin or shredded, about 1 c
- 2-4 oz bleu cheese, broken into chunks
- 2 T pine nuts (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 T fresh basil for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and garlic. Cook for one to two minutes until garlic is fragrant, being careful to not overcook. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted. Remove from heat and stir in artichokes, basil, lemon juice, pepper, and salt.
- Flour work surface and roll pie crust to 1/8″ thickness. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leaving a 3″ border around the edges, top the dough with mozzarella cheese, then the spinach artichoke mixture, and top with bleu cheese and pine nuts, if using.
- Fold the edges of the dough over the filling. Brush the crust with the beaten egg. Place in preheated 375°F oven and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the crust is golden. Allow to cool 5 minutes, then slice and serve garnished with fresh basil.
Recipe adapted from Half Baked Harvest