This is a basic recipe, use it as a starting point and feel free to make substitutions based on your preferences. Swap out the Traditional Dijon with a flavored or grainy mustard, try a different vinegar, or add some fresh herbs if you have them on hand.
- 1 rounded T Edmond Fallot Traditional Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 T Edmond Fallot Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the oil.
- Peel the garlic clove and lightly crush, or cut down to the root end with a paring knife, keeping the garlic clove intact. Place in the dressing and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Remove from the dressing before serving. Dressing will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.
Recipe adapted from NYT Cooking