6 large tomatoes
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 large eggs
La Favorita Pesto Genovese with Truffles
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice top third off tomatoes and scoop out core and seeds.
3. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper; roast until tomatoes are soft and caramelized, about 30 minutes.
4. Crack an egg into each tomato and top with salt and pepper.
5. Roast until whites are set, about 7-9 minutes.
6. Spoon pesto over eggs, serve, and enjoy!