- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp La Dalia Hot Smoked Paprika
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 c cilantro
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 5-6oz filets halibut
- 10 large shrimp, peeled with tails intact
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the bay leaves and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add the onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the cilantro; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water and reduce the heat to medium-low. Season the fish with salt and pepper, then nestle the filets among the vegetables in the pan. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, cover and simmer until the fish and shrimp are just cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Divide the stew into two large bowls. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro. Serve with crusty bread.
Recipe inspired by Food Network Kitchen