- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 T Leblanc Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 T Edmond Fallot Red Wine Vinegar, plus additional to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jar Serrats White Tuna in Olive Oil (do not drain)
- lemon juice to taste
- 2 kaiser rolls
- lettuce leaves, a combination of Boston, green-leaf, or other leafy lettuce
- 8 tomato slices
- 6-8 slices hard boiled egg
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained
- Nicoise olives
- scallions, chopped
- radishes, sliced
- Combine the red onion with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and several grinds black pepper in a bowl. Using your hands, gently toss everything together for about 5 minutes for the onions to release their juices and mellow.
- Work in the tuna, including the oil. Season to taste with lemon, red wine vinegar, and black pepper.
- Cut kaiser rolls in half crosswise. Place lettuce leaves on the bottom halves and top with tomato slices. Add half the tuna mixture to each, and top with 3 to 4 slices hard boiled egg.
- Crisscross each sandwich with 2 drained anchovy fillets and sprinkle with olives, scallions, and radishes. Drizzle generously with olive oil and top with remaining kaiser halves, pressing firmly.
Recipe by Gourmet Magazine.