- 8oz whole wheat pasta
- 4 T butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 16oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 T flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp Aux Anysetiers du Roy Herbs de Provence
- 1-1/2 c milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 T olive oil
- additional 1/4 c water, broth, milk, or cream (optional)
- 1/4 c fresh parsley or basil
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Set aside and toss with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add one clove of the garlic and sauté for a minute until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5-10 minutes, until golden brown and softened. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter to the pan and add the remaining garlic; sauté for a minute until fragrant. Add the flour and herbs de Provence. Stir fry for a minute to cook out the flour taste. Add the milk slowly, whisking to incorporate. Let the mixture simmer until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the sauce, pasta, and mushrooms together. Add the olive oil and water as needed to keep the sauce from getting too thick. Stir in the parsley or basil just before serving.
Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum