- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 large ribs celery, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 T Terre Exotique Curry from Madras
- 1 c red lentils
- 4 c low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 2 T lemon juice from 1/2 large lemon
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- Greek yogurt for garnish, if desired
- In a medium saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the carrot, celery, onion, and 1/4 tsp salt, stir to combine, then cover and let the vegetables sweat until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and bloom until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the lentils, vegetable broth, and bay leaf. Bring up to a boil, then turn the heat down to low and let simmer, covered, until the lentils begin to fall apart, about 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat, stir in the lemon juice and chopped cilantro, and add salt to taste. Ladle into bowls and top with Greek yogurt, if desired.
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn