- 1 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, butterflied or pounded thin
- salt & pepper
- flour, for dusting
- 1 c chopped shallots
- 2 c sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 c dry white wine
- 1 c low sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- 1 T Sur les Quais Mustard with Porcini Mushrooms
- Melt butter and olive oil in a heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and dust with flour. Pan-fry until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add shallots and mushrooms to pan, reduce heat to medium-low. Season and sauté for about 10 minutes; shallots will soften and mushrooms will release their juices.
- Add wine and simmer until liquid is nearly evaporated, scraping up browned bits. Increase heat to high, add stock and reduce by half. Stir cream and mustard into pan and cook until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan to warm through. To serve spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with fresh parsley.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious