- 1 pound bucatini
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1/4 c Mustapha’s Mediteranean Capers Surfines, drained and patted dry
- 2 c coarse bread crumbs (from a baguette)
- 1/2 c chopped dill
- 2 cans Gonidec Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- Cook bucatini in a pasta pot of well-salted boiling water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Fry capers until they “bloom” and are just a shade darker, about 2 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Toast bread crumbs in same skillet, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with capers, dill, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Add sardines to skillet with their oil over medium-high heat, then force garlic through a garlic press into skillet. Sauté until sardines are golden in spots around the edges, about 2 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta. Add pasta to skillet with cooking water and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Toss until pasta is coated and sauce is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve topped with seasoned bread crumbs.
Recipe from Epicurious