- 4 (1/2″-3/4″ thick slices brioche bread
- 1/4 L’Epicurien Chocolate & Hazelnut Spread
- 1/4 c L’Epicurien Raspberry Seedless Jam
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 c all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c whole milk
- 2 T water
- canola oil, for frying
- 3/4 c granulated sugar, for topping
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, for topping
- Slice the brioche and remove crusts if desired. Dollop about 2 tablespoons of Chocolate & Hazelnut Spread into the center of 2 slices of bread. Top with 2 tablespoons Seedless Raspberry Jam. Top with the remaining pieces of brioche, and press lightly around the edges to prevent the filling from seeping out. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, flour, milk, and water. The batter will have a drippy thickness, but try to whisk out most of the lumps. Set aside.
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon on a plate or in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat about 2 inches of canola oil to 340°F.
- Working quickly, take a brioche sandwich and dip it into the batter, making sure to further press and seal the edges as they become moistened. Carefully lower the sandwich into the oil and cook for about 45 seconds on each side, or until golden. Remove the sandwich with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain for a few seconds. While still warm, toss in the cinnamon-sugar until coated on all sides. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Joy the Baker