- 1 1/2 c fresh whole milk ricotta
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 T Parmesan cheese, shredded
- unsalted room temperature butter, for greasing
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf of fresh baked bread, sliced
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Pebeyre Truffle Honey
- crushed pistachios
- Preheat oven to 400°F with the rack set in the middle-upper level. Liberally grease two small ramekins or one small baking dish with butter. Line the inside with parchment paper so that when the ricotta rises past the ramekin it doesn’t spill over.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg, Parmesan, and 1/8 tsp sea salt. Spread the ricotta mixture into the prepared ramekins or baking dish up to about 2″ deep. Season with sea salt freshly cracked black pepper.
- Place the ramekins or baking dish on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until the tops start to brown. Do not over-bake. If the tops are not browned enough, place under the broiler for a minute or two.
- Brush bread with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toast on a pan or under the broiler.
- To serve: spread baked ricotta over toasts, drizzle with Truffle Honey, and sprinkle with pistachios.
Recipe adapted from Honestly Yum