- 2/3 c all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more for seasoning the chicken
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, plus more for seasoning the chicken
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded 1/2″ thick and cut into thirds
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c white wine
- 1 (14.5oz) can chicken broth
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 jar Frantoi Cutrera Purple Artichoke Hearts
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/4 c capers
- 2 T butter
- Mix together flour, garlic powder,1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and Italian seasoning on a plate. Season each piece of chicken with salt and black pepper, then dredge lightly in the prepared flour mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2 minutes per side or until nicely browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, saute onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Pour in white wine, increase heat to high, and cook until the wine reduces by half, 4 to 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and browned chicken to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Stir in capers and butter.
Recipe adapted from Kitchme