For the salad
- 1 winter squash (acorn, butternut, kabocha, delicata, etc.)
- 2 small red onions
- 1 small bunch arugula or spinach
- arils from 1/2 pomegranate (optional)
- goat cheese
- handful roasted walnuts
For the dressing
- 2 T Leblanc Walnut Oil
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T maple syrup
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel thick-skinned squash (butternut, delicata), thin-skinned squash (acorn, delicata) do not need to be peeled. Cut in half and scoop out seeds. Cut flesh into 1″ chunks. Peel onions and cut into eighths.
- Place squash and onions on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and roast in preheated 425°F oven until soft and slightly caramelized, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Put all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until well mixed.
- Arrange greens on a large platter. Top with onions and squash. Drizzle with dressing and top with pomegranate arils (if using), goat cheese, ans roasted walnuts.
Recipe adapted from lazy cat kitchen