- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2 T L’Abeille Occitane Orange Blossom Honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 5 T unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for molds
- Special Equipment: one 16-cookie madeleine pan with 3×2″ molds
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until pale yellow and thick, about 4 minutes. Beat in honey, vanilla, and orange zest. Gently fold in dry ingredients. Add 5 tablespoons melted butter; gently fold into batter. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of batter; chill for at least 3 hours.
- Position a rack in center of oven; preheat to 400°F. Lightly brush madeleine molds with butter. Place pan on a baking sheet. Drop 1 scant tablespoon batter into each mold. Bake until golden and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, invert, and quickly knock madeleines out of pan. Serve warm.
Recipe from Epicurioius