- 2 T unsalted butter, chopped into pieces, plus more for greasing
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 5 1/2 c whole milk, plus extra if needed
- 1 c pudding rice or other short-grain rice
- 1/4 c unrefined granulated sugar
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed with the side of a knife
- 3 short strips lemon zest
- pinch of sea salt
- Griottines Morello Cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F and generously butter 8x12x2-in sheet pan or oven-safe dish.
- Pour both the milks into the prepared pan and stir well, breaking up any thick blobs of coconut milk with the back of a spoon. Stir in all the remaining ingredients, except the cherries.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours, stirring halfway through, until the rice is tender and creamy. Add a splash more milk if the rice threatens to dry our before it is cooked.
- Remove the cardamom pods and spoon into bowls. Top with Griottines and their syrup. Enjoy!
Recipe from The Splendid Table