- 1 pound short cut pasta (bowtie, penne, etc.) cooked according to package instructions
- 1 c reserved pasta water
- 1 c carrots, cut in oblong disks
- 1 c broccoli florets, in bite-sized pieces
- 1 c asparagus, cut at a bias in 1-1/2″ lengths
- 3 T Il Boschetto Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 or 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c frozen peas
- a couple splashes dry white wine
- juice and zest of one lemon
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 c Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 c fresh basil, cut into thin ribbons
- Fill the bottom of a steamer with about 1-1/2″ water, cover, and place over high heat.
- Once water boils, add carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and return steamer lid as quickly as possible. Cook 2 minutes, then ad asparagus and cook another 1-1/2 minute. Remove from heat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add onion and bell pepper and cook until onions are translucent but not brown. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute before adding the tomatoes, peas, and steamed vegetables. Heat for 2 minutes.
- Turn down heat to medium-low and add wine, lemon juice, zest, and salt & pepper. Toss together and simmer 1 minute.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss to mix. Add the cream, Parmesan, and basil, mixing well until creamy. Stir in reserved pasta water a little at a time to loosen the sauce to desired consistency.
- Top with additional basil, Parmesan, and lemon zest if desired, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food52