1 Teaspoon unflavored gelatin granules
1 Tablespoon cold water
1/2 Cup whole milk
3/4 Cup heavy cream
1/2 Vanilla bean, seeds scraped, or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 Cup plain whole-milk yogurt
4 Tablespoons Rose Flower Syrup
Organic, unsprayed rose petals or candied rose petals for garnish
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin on the water and let stand until softened.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the milk, vanilla seeds cream and sugar, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the gelatin into the hot milk and whisk until the gelatin is completely melted.
3. Add yogurt and rose syrup (add the vanilla extract, if using), whisk until well combined.
4. Pour the panna cotta mixture into the ramekins and refrigerate until set, or overnight.
5. To unmold the panna cotta, run a small knife around each panna cotta, then dip the ramekin bottoms in hot water for a few seconds and pat dry. Invert the ramekins onto small plates. Holding both the ramekin and the plate, give each plate a firm shake to release the panna cotta. Remove the ramekin. To serve, drizzle the panna cotta with rose syrup, top with crystalized rose petals or some candied rose petals. (Makes 4 servings)
Rose Panna Cotta with Quai Sud Rose Flower Syrup