20 oz fresh vegetable(s) of choice
1/2 T Fallot Mustard Seeds
1/2 T celery seeds
A few sprigs of fresh herbs or Herbs de Provence
2.5 c Pommery Raspberry White Wine Vinegar
1 c water
3/4 c sugar
1. Blanch vegetables in a large pot of salted boiling water for 1-2 minutes and then remove and place in bowl of ice water to retain crispness.
2. While vegetables cool, combine remaining ingredients in a pot and bring to a simmer.
3. When vegetables are cooled, place in sterilized glass jars and pour the hot spice mixture in each, leaving 1/2 inch of space at the top.
4. Place the jars in another pot of boiling water, ensuring the water cover each jar completely and let simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Carefully remove each jar with tongs and let cool.