- 2 quarts cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 3 T La Favorita Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 quart sugar snap peas
- handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
- olive oil, for drizzling
- Camargue Fleur de Sel
- freshly cracked pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, and prepare an ice bath. Cook the sugar snap peas until bright green and still slightly crunchy, 1-2 minutes. Drain and transfer to the ice bath to rapidly cool. Once cool, drain and pat dry. Remove the string along the pea pod and cut into thirds.
- Toss the tomatoes, onion, snap peas, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with fleur de sel and freshly cracked pepper. Allow to sit for at least five minutes, but up to a few hours to let the flavors come together. Makes an excellent side dish for grilled meat and fish.
Recipe inspired by Serious Eats