- 1 c Sabarot Le Puy Green Lentils
- 1-2 T olive oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 6 white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped small
- 1 white onion, peeled and finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sugar cube (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Rinse the lentils in a fine strainer.
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic without browning. Stir in mushrooms, carrots, and celery and cook for several minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, lentils, vegetable bouillon, thyme, and bay leaf. Add sugar cube if desired; season with salt and pepper.
- Add 4 to 4 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes, or until lentils are cooked through.
- Serve with rice or steamed potatoes.
Recipe from Lundi Veggie