Ingredients For Chimichurri :
- 1/2 cup Nicolas Alziari Cuvee Prestige Extra Virgin Olive Oil Tin 16.9oz
- 2 tablespoons Edmond Fallot Merlot Red Wine Vinegar 8oz
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3-4 cloves French Farm Collection Marinated Garlic & Herbs 6.70oz , finely chopped or minced
- 2 small red chilies , or 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon finely chopped chili)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 level teaspoon Frantoi Cutrera Natural Coarse Sea Salt 11.29oz
- Il Boschetto Mixed Three Peppers Mill 2oz, to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon)
Directions for Chimichurri:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to release all of the flavours into the oil before using. Ideally, let it sit for more than 2 hours, if time allows.
Chimichurri can be prepared earlier than needed, and refrigerated for 24 hours, if needed.
Ingredients For Salad:
- 4 skinless chicken thigh fillets , (no bone) or chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Nicolas Alziari Cuvee Prestige Extra Virgin Olive Oil Tin 16.9oz
- 5 cups Romaine (or cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 3 ripe tomatoes , sliced
- ½ a red onion , sliced
- 2 avocados , sliced
- Fresh parsley leaves , to garnish
- One batch Authentic Chimichurri
Directions for Salad:
- Pour 4 tablespoons of Chimichurri out into a shallow dish to coat the chicken fillets, and allow to marinade for 20 minutes (if time allows).
Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
Heat the oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, tomatoes, onion and avocado slices.
- Drizzle with remaining Chimichurri dressing and serve with (optional) extra parsley leaves.