- 1 3/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers (about 22 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons Quai Sud Orange pure cane sugar
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- 3 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 cups Quai Sud Orange pure cane sugar
3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 8 ounce carton dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Quai Sud Orange pure cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For the crust, in a medium bowl, combine graham crackers and the 3 tablespoons sugar. Stir in melted butter. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1 to 2 inches up the side of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack while preparing filling.
- For the filing, in a large bowl, combine cream cheese, the 1-1/3 cups sugar, the orange juice concentrate, and the 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in eggs and orange peel just until combined.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a 2-1/2-inch-wide area around the outside edge appears set when gently shaken. Remove springform pan from oven and set on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, stir together sour cream, the 1 tablespoon sugar, and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Carefully spread sour cream mixture over the hot cheesecake.
- Cool in springform pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small thin knife, loosen crust from side of pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove side of the pan. Cool for 2 hours. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
This recipe inspired by BHG.