- 4 large potatoes
- 50 g nibbed almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 cup red pepper, minced
- 2 chilies, minced (optional)
- 1/2 lime or lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Oil, for frying
- L’Epicurien Sweet Onion Confit
- Boil the potatoes in their skins until tender. Cool slightly, then peel and mash.
- Add the almonds, red pepper, chilli, lime or lemon juice, fresh coriander and cornflour. Season to taste and mix well.
- Rub your hands with oil and divide the mixture into eight portions. Flatten into patties 3 cm thick.
- Brush a cast-iron or nonstick griddle with oil, place over a medium heat and fry the patties for 10 minutes a side, or until crisp.
- Serve with Sweet Onion Chutney on the side.
This recipe inspired by Taste.