- Flour, for dusting
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (about 1.1 pounds), thawed
- 21 ounces L’Epicurien Wild Blueberry Jam
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. On a smooth surface lightly dusted with flour, unfold puff pastry sheets and roll them out to a rectangle, about 12 inches by 10 inches. In a small bowl, whisk the egg together with 1 tablespoon water, set aside.
- Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut each piece lengthwise done the middle. Place one half of each piece of pastry on a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread half the pie filling down the middle of each piece (about 1 1/4 cups on each), leaving about an inch border along each edge. With a fork, prick the exposed dough every few inches to keep dough from puffing up too much (this is called docking). Brush the egg wash mixture along the exposed border of the fruit-covered pastry. Dock the other pieces of pastry and place each on top of the fruit-covered pastry, pressing firmly along the edges to seal. Brush egg wash over each pastry. Using a very sharp knife or a lame to cut diagonal slits in the top pastry every two inches or so over the filling. Place pastry in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until just golden.
- While pastry is baking, place the powdered sugar in a small bowl. In a measuring cup, combine the milk and vanilla. Drizzle the milk mixture gradually into the sugar, whisking with a fork or a small mix. Add just enough milk to make a thick icing that forms thick ribbons when you let it drip off the fork or whisk.
- When pastries are done, cool on the baking sheet for 5 to 10 minutes. While still warm, drizzle with the icing with a spoon. Cool completely and cut each into 8 strips.
This recipe inspired by About food.