- 1 ¾ cup (7.5 ounces/210g) all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon (5 ounces/140g) unsalted butter, diced
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar + extra for dusting
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) water, or more if needed
- 7 ½ teaspoons Les Confitures a l’Ancienne Love Jam 9.2oz
- 1 egg, beaten (for brushing)
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Dice the butter into small pieces and crumble it with the flour until lumps are the size of small peas. Add sugar and stir well. Pour in the ice cold water, little at a time, mixing with a fork. Finish by hand and shape into a ball. Flatten the dough a little bit, wrap into cling film and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll it out onto a floured surface. Using a ruler and a sharp paring knife, cut out the dough into 5 envelopes of 5 ⅛ x 5 ⅛ inch (13 x 13 cm). Use leftover pie crust to cut out 5 small hearts with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Rotate the squares to resemble diamond shapes, and add 1 ½ teaspoonsLes Confitures a l’Ancienne Love Jam 9.2oz in the center (do not overfill) of each. Lightly brush the bottom edges of the diamond with water. Following the folds of a real envelope, close the left, right, and bottom flaps over the Les Confitures a l’Ancienne Love Jam 9.2oz, leaving the upper flap open. Wet one side of the pastry heart and arrange wet side down onto the folded edges of the pastry envelope.
- Place pastries onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash, and bake at 375°F (200°C) for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush the very hot pastries with water right out of the oven and sprinkle some sugar on top. Let cool onto the prepared baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. If desired, decorate with fresh raspberries, mint leaves, serve with a dollop of whipped cream, and enjoy!